Ways In Which We Receive Information
Web Site Visitors. When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect IP addresses and Site usage information from you. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and customers use and navigate our Site, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web Site page, and the length of their visits. Such information does not include personally identifiable information, such as your name or address.
Email Communications. The Site allows you to contact us by sending an email communication. Skylink uses email communications as an alternative means for You to contact us. From email communications we will obtain your email address and any information that you include in your message. The purpose of the email functionality is to facilitate communications concerning how to use the Site and Skylink`s products. You should not use the Site`s email functionality for any personal communications or include confidential or sensitive information, such as your credit card number or bank information.
Communications When You Register or Purchase. The Site has a function that allows you to establish an account. The account is intended to facilitate your purchases, and does not mean we intend to extend credit to you. When you register for an account, purchase products, receive catalogs, or register for sweepstakes or prizes, we will collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, age, gender, address, e-mail address, credit-card number and facts about your purchases, delivery address, interests in similar products, and similar information. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
Information Other Than From the Site. We may receive information concerning you from prior communications with you or from other sources, including information that is publicly available. We may combine such information with information that is received from you by one of the means described above.
Ways In Which We Use Information
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to enable us to process, validate and verify a product purchase.
- To send e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data management, promotional services (“Service Providers”). We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
- To enchance existing features or developing new features, products and services.
- To provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage pattern.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on characeristics or preferences.
[We may use third parties, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to deliver ads to you on our behalf. These third-party ad servers may be supplied with or have access to your personally identifiable information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. They also may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to present advertisements that may be of interest to you.]
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you do so at your own risk.
You are responsible for the management and security of information in your possession, which includes information on your computer. You should take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information accessible from the Site. You should also inform us promptly if you believe any of your personal information has been compromised while using the Site.
Transfer yo U.S. or Other Countries
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Skylink has facilities, and by subscribing to our services, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country.
Comments & Questions
Terms and Condition
Use of Site
You may access the Site to obtain information about Skylink and its products for Your private, non-commercial use. Skylink may offer products for purchase on the Site. Skylink does not represent or warrant that all of its products are displayed on the Site, and if displayed, that they will always be available for purchase. Skylink may remove a product from the Site or discontinue the sale of a product at any time without notice. The prices displayed on this Site are quoted in the specified currency and are valid and effective only within the specified country, and such prices do not include shipping and handling or sales taxes, if applicable, which will be added to Your total invoice price. You are responsible for the payment of any shipping and handling charges and state and local sales or use taxes that may apply to Your order. Our goal is that all of the information on the Site is always current and dependable. However, we do not guarantee that any content is accurate or complete, including price information and product specifications. If we discover price errors, they will be corrected on our systems, and the corrected price will apply to Your order. Skylink reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted and accepted).
You may use the email functionality of the Site to send inquiries to Skylink about the Site, Skylink products that are displayed on the Site, or the terms of any online transactions
Prohibited Conduct Concerning this Site
Prohibited Conduct Concerning this Site:
You agree not to copy, reproduce, download, publish, change or otherwise distribute anything on this Site for any purpose other than Your own personal and non-commercial use.
You agree not to “deep-link” to this Site. This means You will not generate a hyperlink from any web site that you control to any page other than the home page of the Site for any reason, unless authorized in writing by Skylink.
Violation of Security of Site
You agree not to bypass any security device or program used with this Site. If You attempt to violate or do violate security restrictions in the Site, such action may be subject to penalty under civil or criminal laws. Skylink reserves the right to prosecute any violation of the security of this Site to the full extent of the law.
You will not communicate to Skylink any confidential or proprietary information using the Email functionality of the Site. If You do submit any such information to Skylink, Skylink does not promise to keep any such information confidential or to respond to You, and You affirmatively waive any and all rights to such information. You agree not to send any spam or other mass-distributed message to Skylink using the email functionality of the Site.
You agree that in accessing the Site You will not compromise the business or functional integrity of the Site, including but not limited to (a) participating in any denial of service attack, (b) attempting to hijack the Site or visitors to the Site, (c) redirecting a web site visitor from the Site by use of advertisements that are triggered by the use of Skylink`s name or trademarks but are not sponsored by Skylink or an agent of Skylink, or (d) accessing the Site by automated means (including robotic algorithms) for any purpose other than for Your personal and non-commercial use. Skylink reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary if Skylink believes any of Your actions compromise the business or functional integrity of the Site.
You shall indemnify and save harmless Skylink and the Third Parties and their respective officers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal, accounting and other professional fees, brought as a result of your use of skylinkhome.com.
This Site and the materials within it are the copyrighted material of Skylink. Viewing this Site creates a copy of Skylink materials in Your computer`s random access memory and/or in Your hard drive and/or in Your proxy server. You are subject to applicable copyright laws by virtue of such copy.
The trademarks, service marks and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Skylink and others. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site, without the prior written permission of the Trademark owner. Skylink aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. The name of Skylink, the Skylink logo or the other Skylink formatives may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without prior, written permission from Skylink. Skylink prohibits use of the Skylink logo as part of a link to or from any site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by Skylink in writing. Fair use of Skylink`s Trademarks requires proper acknowledgment. Other product and company names mentioned in this Site may be the Trademarks of their respective owners.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
SKYLINK DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY, USE, TIMELINESS, SECURITY, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, OR OTHERWISE RESPECTING, THE CONTENT OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE SITE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL, OR USE OF THIS SITE. THE CONTENT OF THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, AND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY PRODUCTS ORDERED USING THE SITE, SKYLINK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT DISCLAIM ANY SPECIFIC PRODUCT WARRANTY OFFERED BY A MANUFACTURER WITH RESPECT TO A PARTICULAR PRODUCT YOU PURCHASE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SKYLINK SHALL BE DEEMED TO ALTER THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY, OR TO CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
Limitation of Liability
SKYLINK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT OR LINKS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE FAILURE, AND ALL OTHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF SKYLINK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, SKYLINK` TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT OR LINKS, SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE $100 CAD.
You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts, tribunals, agencies and other dispute resolution organizations in the Province of Ontario, Canada, in all disputes (a) arising out of, relating to, or concerning this Site and/or this agreement, (b) in which this Site and/or this agreement is an issue or a material fact, or (c) in which this Site and/or this agreement is referenced in a paper filed in a court, tribunal, agency or other dispute resolution organization. Use of this Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give full effect to all provisions of this agreement, including without limitation this paragraph and the warranty disclaimers and liability exclusions above. Skylink has endeavored to comply with all legal requirements known to it in creating and maintaining this Site, but makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Use of this Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction where all or any portion of this Site may violate any legal requirements and You agree not to access this Site in any such jurisdiction. You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. Any use in contravention of this provision or any provision of this agreement is at Your own risk and, if any part of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall govern such use.
You agree that Skylink may at any time and without notice change the terms, conditions and notices under which this Site is offered. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between You and Skylink as a result of this agreement or Your use of this Site.
Skylink`s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Skylink`s right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to Your use of this Site or information provided to or gathered by Skylink with respect to such use.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The “Celebration Giveaway” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on June 28, 2017 at 12:00 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and ends on July 04, 2017 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Skylink Technologies Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of USA and Canada who are 18 years or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
4. Prizes: There are (2) SK-150 SkylinkNet Starter Kits available as prizes.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within USA and Canada. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at www.skylinkhome.com/celebration-giveaway
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Skylink Technologies Inc. cc: Enter to Win the SkylinkNet Connected Security System at 17 Sheard Avenue, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 1J3, Canada. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Skylink Technologies Inc., 17 Sheard Avenue, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 1J3, Canada, and email@example.com
10. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.